- Edible Plants & Gardening ~ 5 minutes
Edible Plants and Plant Parts
- Nutrition & Cooking ~ 20 minutes
Nutrition Lesson Themes
1. The Chef's Plate
2. Nutrition Labels
3. Fruits & Vegetables
5. Whole Grains
8. Make it Count
- Learning Check ~5 minutes
Learning Check #2
End of Course
z Garden Bites Training for Grantees Course 2: Core Concepts
Review basic nutrition and gardening education knowledge and skills
Welcome to our Core Concepts course!
In this course, you will learn how Garden Bites content is structured and highlights about the key learning outcomes.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for new Garden Bites teachers who are about to get started on teaching the Garden Bites program with their students. Course access is for 1 year.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Edible plants and gardening: How students will use observation and evidence gathering to make claims about how plants grow and become a high quality food source.
- Overview of the health impacts of the standard American diet and solutions offered through Garden Bites nutrition lessons.