Welcome to Garden Bites ~25 minutes
Welcome to the Garden Bites Training from Big Green & Common Threads!Garden Bites is a collaboration between Big Green and Common Threads to provide teachers, schools, and community partners with a set of K-8th grade lessons designed to bring nutrition education to the school garden and into the classroom.
Digital Garden Bites Training
Learning Targets & Agenda for the Garden Bites Training Course Series
Who Are We?
Meet Common Threads!
Meet Big Green!
- Our Collective Why ~ 10 minutes
Food Literacy & Behavior Change
Garden Bites Meets the Challenge!
Cooking Our Way Out Of The Obesity Crisis
- Learning Check ~5 minutes
Learning Check #1
End of Course
z Garden Bites Training for Grantees Course 1: Welcome!
Learn about Common Threads and Big Green's Garden Bites Program
Welcome to our course Introduction!
In this course, we'll introduce you to Big Green, Common Threads and the Garden Bites program. The course contains materials that will help you gain an inside look into our core values and beliefs behind the work we do.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for new Garden Bites teachers who are about to get started on teaching the Garden Bites program with their students. Course access is for 1 year.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Introduction to Common Threads & Big Green, the creators of Garden Bites.
- How Garden Bites will support the the instruction of critical food and nutrition outcomes for youth.
- Introduction to best practices in teaching food literacy and nutrition education.